IGRINS - Call for Proposals for 2017 Trimester 2
IGRINS (Immersion Grating Infrared Spectrograph) is a high-resolution (R ~ 45,000), near-infrared (H and K simultaneously) spectrograph developed by Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute and the University of Texas at Austin. Here we announce an open call for proposals for the 2017 Trimester 2 during which IGRINS will be operated at the 2.7-m telescope of the McDonald observatory. Due to current circumstances, very limited amount of the Korean Guaranteed time will be offered to a normal user for this trimester. Please contact us only for short and time critical observation that you want to do with Korean Guaranteed time. Otherwise, we recommand applying for the McDonald Open Time. We also note that we will have a weeklong mini-queue in March (March 10-17th). Proposals FOR THE MINI-QUEUE ONLY are due by 5th of March 2017, to be submitted through the form found at THIS LINK. Large requests need to be prioritized by science goal. If you have any other inquiry, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com anytime.
- Telescope/Instrument : McDonald 2.7m / IGRINS
- McDonald Open Time Program : 8am on Feb. 2nd 2017 (CST)
- McDonald Mini-Queue : Mar. 5th 2017 (CST)
- Period of Observations
- Open time : April 2017 - July 2017
- Mini-Queue : Mar. 10~17th
- Author Policy
- Principal Investigator of a proposed program must be a Korean citizen or a resident in Korea who is officially affiliated with a Korean research institute or university.
- IGRINS is a PI instrument. A member or members of the IGRINS science team must be on each proposal who will be able to check the technical feasibility of the proposal (see the publication policy document for details). For now, the eligible Korean IGRINS science team members are : Drs. Jae-Joon Lee, Heeyoung Oh, & Chan Park
- Publication Policy → Download
- Please check the McDonald Call for Proposals for the details.
- IGRINS Newsletter : For the current status of IGRINS, please see the IGRINS Newsletter available at https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/IGRINS/IGRINS+Newsletters
- Current newsletter : http://kgmt.kasi.re.kr/kgmtscience/sites/default/files/IGRINS_Newsletter_2017T1.pdf
- For further inquiries, please contact Korean IGRINS team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org