IGRINS - Call for Proposals for DCT (Oct 2018 - Apr 2019)
IGRINS (Immersion GRating Infrared Spectrograph) is a high-resolution (R ~ 45,000), near-infrared (simultaneous coverage of H and K bands) spectrograph developed by Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute and the University of Texas at Austin. From September 2018, IGRINS will be visiting Discovery Channel Telescope (DCT) until April 2019, which will be its last visit to DCT by the current arrangement. Here we solicit observing proposals for IGRINS during its visit to DCT.
There will be two types of observations.
- Normal Program: For observations requesting more than one night, a formal proposal need to be submitted and observation time will be allocated based on the TAC recommendation (the observation itself will still be executed by the IGRINS team although PIs can attend the run).
- Queue request: For short programs whose total requested time is less than a night, targets will be proposed by simple form (the URL for the form will be announced later), and there will be no formal TAC process.
- During this visit, a total of about 5~10 nights will be available to Korean community as queue observations.
- Queue Request Form : https://goo.gl/forms/HolSmZIqrIxM9qAb2
- There is no specified deadline for the queue request although earlier request will increase the chance of observation.
- During this visit, we expect about 10~15 nights will be awarded to Korean community as normal IGRINS programs.
- This call covers the period of Oct 2018 ~ Apr 2019. The deadline for the Normal Programs is “31st August”.
The full proposal needs to be prepared with following guidelines
- Scientific Justification: Up to 1 page for text, and additional 1 page with figures/references
- Description of Observations & Justification of Exposure Times : Should include an object table with RA/Dec and Mag for each object -or- a representative list or description of sample
- Description and Justification of Special Constraints
- Results from Previous IGRINS Observation(s)
- Total number of pages should not exceed 4 pages.
- A proposal can be submitted either
- Period of Observations : Oct 2017 - Apr 2018
- Observers : For queue and normal observations, IGRINS team will carry out the observations and the data will be distributed afterwards. PIs of normal programs can attend the run and execute their own programs with some limitation. Details can be arranged once the time is awarded for the program.
- Principal Investigator of a proposed program must be
- Korean citizen or
- resident in Korea who is officially affiliated with Korean research institute or university.
- Unless it is a simple point-and-shoot type observation, it is highly recommended that a member(s) of the IGRINS Korean team to be on the proposal who will be able to check the technical feasibility. For DCT proposals, the eligible IGRINS team members are : Jae-Joon Lee, Heeyoung Oh and Chan Park (subject to change)
- For Normal Programs, Korean IGRINS team may ask PI to include selected IGRINS team members as co-authors of the related publications.
- IGRINS Newsletter : For the current status of IGRINS, please see the IGRINS Newsletter available at https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/IGRINS/IGRINS+Newsletters
- For further inquiry, please contact Korean IGRINS team by e-mail to “email@example.com”
|Yamane, Y.; Sano...||ALMA Observations of Supernova Remnant N49 in the LMC. I. Discovery of CO Clumps Associated with X-Ray and Radio Continuum Shells||2018ApJ...863...55Y|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Li,...||Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Protoplanetary Disks around Herbig Ae/Be and T Tauri Stars||2017ApJ...835..291S|
|Koo, Bon-Chul; Lee...||Infrared Supernova Remnants and their Infrared-to-X-ray Flux Ratios||2016ApJ...821...20K|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Li,...||Dust and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon in the Pre-transitional Disk around HD 169142||2016ApJ...818....2S|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Li,...||Dust and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon in the HD 34700 Debris Disk||2015ApJ...809...22S|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Koo...||Dust Cooling in Supernova Remnants in the Large Magellanic Cloud||2015ApJ...807..100S|
|Naslim, N.; Kemper...||Molecular hydrogen emission in the interstellar medium of the Large Magellanic Cloud||2015MNRAS.446.2490N|
|Seok, Ji Yeon;...||Formation history of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in galaxies||2014MNRAS.439.2186S|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Koo...||A Survey of Infrared Supernova Remnants in the Large Magellanic Cloud||2013ApJ...779..134S|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Koo...||Detection of the 3.3 μm Aromatic Feature in the Supernova Remnant N49 with AKARI||2012ApJ...744..160S|
|Seok, Ji Yeon; Koo...||Supernova Remnants in the AKARI IRC Survey of the Large Magellanic Cloud||2008PASJ...60S.453S|
|Moon, Dae-Sik; Koo...||Dense Iron Ejecta and Core-Collapse Supernova Explosion in the Young Supernova Remnant G11.2-0.3||2009ApJ...703L..81M|
|Koo, B.-C.; Lee, H...||AKARI Detection of the Infrared-Bright Supernova Remnant B0104-72.3 in the Small Magellanic Cloud||2007PASJ...59S.455K|