K-GMT SP Call for Proposals / 2019B
K-GMT Science Group (KGSG) invites proposals for observations with MMT and Gemini for the K-GMT Science Program. The number of nights available are as follows:
Table 1 - Available telescope time for 2019B semester
|Telescope||Available # of nights|
|MMT||~3 nights (subject to change depending on the availability)|
|Gemini||~117.3 hours (subject to change depending on the availability)|
- Observing period
- MMT : 2019B (Aug. to Jan.)
- Gemini : 2019B (Aug. to Jan.)
- There is no limit on the fields of science that prospect proposals shall aim to address. However, preference will be given to proposals with sciences that can be applicable to GMT in the near future.
- The prospect proposers are advised to understand and follow the K-GMT Science Program guidelines. In particular, please be aware of the data handling & authorship policy.
Table 2 - Schedule and Deadlines for the 2019B.
|CfP Release||March 1, 2019|
|Proposal Submission Deadline||23:59 KST, April 1, 2019|
|Peer Review||April 2019|
|Selected Proposals Announced||June 2019|
|Phase 2 review (for Gemini only)||July 2019|
* Late Proposals will not be considered. We recommend submission well before the deadline.