Gemini is planning the 2021A semester call for proposal as usual. However drastic changes can happen and impact the available observing time and instruments, due to the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
K-GMT SP Call for Proposals / 2021A
K-GMT Science Group (KGSG) invites proposals for observations with MMT and Gemini for the K-GMT Science Program. The number of nights available are as follows:
Table 1 - Available telescope time for 2021A semester
Available # of nights
|MMT||~3 nights (subject to change depending on the availability)|
|Gemini||138.3 hours = 75.2 hours (north) + 63.1 hours (south) # including time for fast turnaround programs.|
* Note: Fast Turnaround (FT) Programs provides monthly opportunities to submit proposals. The submitted proposals are reviewed by the peer PIs who submit FT proposals. Successful programs scheduled for observation starting one month after each proposal deadline. We strongly recommend Korean Gemini Users to apply for the FT program if observing programs have an adequate length of observing time for the FT.
- Observing period
- MMT : 2021A (Jan. to Jul.)
- Gemini : 2021A (Feb. to Jul.)
- There is no limit on the fields of science that prospect proposals shall aim to address. However, preference will be given to proposals with sciences that can be applicable to GMT in the near future.
- The prospect proposers are advised to understand and follow the K-GMT Science Program guidelines. In particular, please be aware of the data handling & authorship policy.
Table 2 - Schedule and Deadlines for the 2021A.
|CfP Release||Sep. 1, 2020|
|Proposal Submission Deadline||23:59 KST, Oct. 5, 2020|
|Peer Review||Oct. - Nov. 2020|
|Selected Proposals Announced||Late Nov. 2020|
|Phase 2 review available (for Gemini only)||Dec. 2020|